TurboFlex offers several methods to control heaters depending upon the application. These controllers provide customers with basic thermal control, offering an affordable option that is easy to install and utilize. All controllers utilize the input voltage of the heater, not requiring a separate power supply for the controller.
Closed-Loop Thermal Controller
Turbo Flex’s CL 3500 thermal controller provides easy-to-use heater control using single-button adjustment to advance by pre-set increments. This controller is ideal for OEM’s that do not have sophisticated thermal control requirements, engineers and product developers who are experimenting with thermal requirements of their design.
The controller utilizes the input power of the heater without the need for a separate power supply. Output power to the heater will shift from full power during ramp-up to PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) during its hold state.
The CL 3500 is custom-programmed at TurboFlex with 6 specific temperature settings defined by the customer. Customers order online and will be prompted to add the temperature settings within the shopping cart.
TurboFlex OL 3000 thermal controller provides easy-to-use heater control using single-button adjustment to advance by pre-set increments set at 6 different percent settings against full power. No sensor is involved.
This controller is ideal for applications where the ambient temperature is consistent and the heater is designed to provide the desired maximum thermal output at the fixed input voltage. This controller permits users to then incrementally adjust the end-result temperature down in defined increments.
The controller utilizes the input power of the heater without the need for a separate power supply. Full output power is cycled on/off at the percent setting pre-defined by the customer at the time of the order. The settings are factory installed by TurboFlex.
STANDALONE SELF THERMAL-LIMITING MODULE
Turbo Flex has developed a miniature control module that has a fixed thermal limit (upper limit setting only) that can be used to control heaters operating on 24 volts and less. This proprietary module is available for purchase pre-attached onto a TurboFlex heater or as a stand-alone module for customers desiring to utilize with their existing heater. Modules can be purchased for $9.50.
- LED illuminates during heat cycle
- Operates on 5-24 volt systems
- 10 amp maximum
- Thermal control tolerance depends upon thermal package, application, and heater wattage. Rated at +/- 2 F. Customers are to test/evaluate the module with their own system.
- 12” input power leads drive both the control module and the heater.
- It is recommended that supplemental thermal overload protection (thermal fuse) be incorporated if the thermal rise/peak of the heater is high.
- .1”L X .5”W X 25”H.
- Temperature setting is permanently set by TurboFlex before shipping.
- Bead 10K thermistor provides temperature sensing.
- Backside pressure sensitive adhesive for easy mounting.