Please review the criteria below to preliminarily determine if your heater design meets our automated processing capabilities.
Automated Online Ordering System Design Requirements:
- Heater Size: Maximum size of one heater is 17” X 35”.
- If your heater is larger, we can still manufacturer the heater, but you cannot order through our online system. Please e-mail us your information and we will provide a quotation and questions.
- Depending upon the particular heater wattage, heaters greater than 9.5” in width may have internally joined foil bridges under the dielectric film.
- Parts are shipped flat or in rolled fashion.
- Tolerance of cutline and features: +/-.075” under 24” and +/- .150 over 24”.
- No components or marking is required.
- Lead lengths are 12” and the type/gauge/color of wire will be determined by TurboFlex.
- UL certification is not required for small volumes. For production volumes ordered outside of the online tool, we can provide UL certification on a project-by-project basis. Please e-mail us for more information.
- The material to be utilized is opaque (white) FR polyester up to 125C or non-FR polyimide up to 150C.
- The resistance tolerance is +/- 10% from nominal, measured at ambient.
- If selected, the pressure sensitive adhesive is 3M 468.
- Wire attachment joints will be over potted to provide general insulating protection.
If the uploaded design does not provide complete technical information for the fabrication of the heater, your order will be placed on-hold and an e-mail notification will be sent to notify you of the issue.